Friday, May 16, 2008





I am currently building a fence in my backyard. Kylee is getting older and we live on a busy street so it is the right time to build the fence. I have learned a few things in the process and so far things are turning out.


One of the big thing that I learned is that I have become soft from working a desk job. I have been working hard on the fence. For the most part, I have been doing all of the work. I do want to give create to my father and father-in-law. In the begining stages of the project they offered their assistance, vehicles, time, and equipment. Without them I don't think that I would be as near as far as long as I am. But I am extremely tired. It's a lot of work and I definately need to get in shape. Ironically it has been a good diet and exercise program. I've lot ten pounds so far.


The other thing that I have learned so far is that I am definately not a concrete mason. I don't mind concrete and so far the concrete that I've poured has turned out. But my hat is off to the union concrete masons.


The last thing that I have learned so far is that building stuff is fun. Working on your house is fun. And...creating things is fun. But hard work!


No comments: