Monday, November 24, 2008

A wrinkle in time

OK...I have an assignment for all of you bloggers out there!

Are you ready? Here goes.......

If you had the chance...Taking all of the wisdom you gained as an adult...What moment in your life would you re-live?

For me it would probably be high school. I think I would go back with an entirely different attitude. I know I would probably talk to more girls. But then again, I haven't figured women out yet so why would that be different. I would stand up for myself when I got in trouble for my part in writing and distributing "The probing pinky preview", the legendary underground newspaper at my high school. All in all it was a good creative writing project. Besides Mr. Plotts look at me now. I"M A BLOGGER! I HAVE MY OWN BLOG WHERE I CAN SAY ANYTHING THAT I WANT.
I would definitely tell my friends to straighten up their act. But thinking about that I don't think it would make a difference. I would have tried harder with my academics, and spent more time studying. But really everything I needed to know about my career and life I either learned from my parents or inmates. Relationships and friendships I probably would not change because they are what made me the mentally functioning person I am today.
Looking back on it I there are some things that I would have changed. But the bottom line is I would have listened to my parent more, and made better decisions. But with the decisions I've made fate has brought me to the this moment in time. John Bytheway once said that life is like a football game. John may be right in his analogy. But I think life is like those choose your own adventure books we used to read in school. With every decision there is a path. It maybe good, it may be bad. But at least we are on the path.


Joe Gunter

"In relationships if each of you were the same, one of you would be unnecessary." Dave Ramsey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this book once called the Time Lottery. In the book the characters got to go back and change something in their life and then you got to see the results of their decision. There are a lot of things that I would like to change, but those changes would have resulted in a life different than I have now.

I wouldn't have partied as hard in High School. There is one specific night that I would have stayed home instead of go out. I would have gotten a college degree before I had kids, it's so much harder with kids. I would have been way nicer to my parents. I would have stayed active in the Church years 91-93, but there again, I probably wouldn't have met my husband. It's kind of a catch 22, isn't it! All in all, I wish I had a few do-overs.

Momgunter said...

This brought back memories about Mr. Plotts and the paper. What fun! Good entries, both of these. Love, Mom